Test your knowledge of History
1. In the Mahayana Buddhism, the Bodhisatya Avalokitesvara was also known a
2. The silver coins issued by the Guptas were called.
3.Which one of the following statements regarding Ashoka stone pillars is incorrect?
a.These are highly polished
b.These are monolithic
c. The shaft of pillars is tapering in shape
d. These are parts of architectural structures
4. Which one of the following scripts of ancient India was written from right to left?
5. The famous dialogue between Nachiketa and Yama is mentioned in the :
6. Milindapanho is in the form of a dialogue between the king Menander and Buddhist monk:
7. Which one of the following sequences indicates the correct chronological order?
c.Ramanuja- Chaitanya -Shankaracharya
d.Shankaracharya – Chaitanya- Ramanuja
8.Which one of the following sequences indicates the correct chronological order?
9. Who among the following was not a contemporary of the other there?
b. Gautama Buddha
10. Who among the following laid the foundation of Rashtrakuta Empire?
a. Amostghavarsha I
11.The practice of military governorship was first introduced in India by the :
12. Which one of the following dynasties was ruling over North India at the time of Alexander’s invasion?
13. Hoysala monuments are found in :
a.Hampi and Hosper
b.Halebid and Belur
c.Mysore and Bangalore
d.Sringeri and Dharwar
14. Who was the founder of the Aligarh Movement?
b. Maulvi Chiragh Ali
c. Sir Syed Ahmed Khan
d.Abdul Halim Sharar
15.Where did Buddha deliver his first sesrmon?
16.Which Mugal prince translated Bhagvat Gita into Persian?
17.Who had the great role in the development of surgery procedures in ancient India?
18. Which year is called the Demographic Divide?
- c 2.a 3.d 4.d 5.c 6.a
- a 8.c 9.c 10.b 11.a 12.a
- b 14.c 15.b 16.b 17. B 18.c