RULES OF SUCCESS SERIES: IV. ENTHUSIASM
Enthusiasm plays important role in fine-tuning our body and mind. It does not mean dancing or singing, but it is an essential attribute in the way of getting success. In fact, we must always be ready to increase our potentials towards the set goal. Enthusiasm also means that we must be ready to put extra effort in achieving our goal. We should be full of zeal and craze for our goal. Enthusiasm is a kind of creativity to think about the goal. Real enthusiast keeps on thinking how will and by which means he can achieve his target and does not hesitate to take innovative steps.
In other terms, we should keep on our energy level high and not get disheartened. Reading some motivational books, blogs, videos, and meeting with some successful person, etc. may enhance your enthusiasm.
Enthusiasm is like a light in the path of getting success. It does not let us deviate from our goal. So, it is to be sustained throughout. Great success requires great level of enthusiasm. People who have accomplished great things in their lives could not have achieved so without enthusiasm. Bruce Barton rightly said, “If you can give your son only one gift let it be enthusiasm.” Enthusiasm can trigger creativity and of course your strength of mind. Keep this light on until you get the success and maintain it throughout your life. Enthusiasm is the essence of life.
SOME QUOTATIONS ON ‘ENTHUSIASM’
- Enthusiasm finds the opportunities and the energy makes the most of them –HENRY S. HASKINS
- Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. – W. EMERSON
- Enthusiasm is the energy that boils over and runs down the side of the pot. –ARNOLD GLASOW
- If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins – BENJAMIN FRANKLIN
V. AVOIDING THE PESSIMISTIC PEOPLE AND BE OPTIMISTIC
Optimism keeps up vibrant, agile, and motivated. An optimistic is one who makes the best of it when he gets the worst of it. In fact, strong will and optimism are the greatest assets of man. We should promote positive thoughts within. Negativity will give nothing; on the contrary, it will snatch every good thing from you. It is a silent–killer.
Whatever we do or we receive is due to our thinking, we become, what we think. If we are full of positive thoughts throughout the day, then we will remain motivated all day to do something good. Read good books, avoid pessimistic people, never talk negatively. Even do not criticize yourself as it may leave a lasting impression on your subconscious mind.
Being positive has miraculous effects. Everybody likes people with a positive attitude. A positive mind can resolve entangled problems in no time. It is good for our mental as well as physical well–being.
SOME QUOTATIONS ON ‘OPTIMISM’
- Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and – HELEN KELLER
- Strong will and optimism are the greatest capital of man.
- This is the best day the world has ever seen. – PROVERB
- The latest definition of an optimist is one who fills up his crossword puzzle in ink. – CLEMENT KING SHORTER
- Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow – HELEN KELLER