- When was the rupee devalued first time?
– September 20, 1949
- When was the rupee devalued for the second time?
– June 6, 1966
- When was the rupee devalued for the third time ?
– July 1, 1991
- In what situation the value of currency increases and the prices of goods and services fall?
– currency contraction or deflation
- What is the share of agriculture and relations sector in gross domestic (GDP)
– 13.67 Percent
- What was the contribution of agriculture to India’s GDP in 1950-51?
– 52.2 percent
- When are rabi crops sown?
– October, November, December
- Name a few Rabi crops?
– wheat, barley, gram pea, mustard and Potato etc.
- When are sowing of kharif crops done
- What are the crops in the kharif crops
– Jowar, millet, maize, sesame, Groundnut
- When Zayed crops are produced
– between March to July
- What crops are grown in Zayed crops
– watermelon, melon, cucumber and
- What are the business or cash crops
– cotton, sugarcane, oilseeds, tea, Jute and tobacco
- India produces the highest quantity of food grains
- What type of fertilizer is most utilized under agriculture in the country?
- When was the ‘Operation Flood’ program launched in India?
- The ‘Operation Flood’ program is related to the increase in production
- Who was the associated with the ‘Operation Flood’ program?
– Dr. Verghese Kurien
- What is the position of India in marine fishery production in the world
- What is the position of India in inland fishery production in the world
- In which state most of the freshwater fish are caught?
– West Bengal
- Which state is the first place in total fish production- West Bengal
- The White Revolution is related to
– the production of milk
- What is India’s rank is the world’s milk producer?
– first place
- What is the positon of India in terms of number of animals in the world?
- What is India’s place in the production of eggs?
- Which is the world’s largest leather producing country?
- The Yellow Revolution is related to –
- Which bank was first established in India?
– Bank of India
- When was Bank of India establishment of?
31.When was the Bank of Madras established?
- When did the Reserve Bank of India start functioning?
– April 1, 1935
- When was the Indian Banking Act passed
- When were 6 major commercial banks nationalized ?
- On the recommendation of which committee permission to establish a bank in the private sector
– Narasimhan Committee
- India’s first float Where is T.M. installed
37. How many deputy governors are there in addition to a governor in RBI?
- Up to the maximum of which category the Reserve Bank can issue bank notes?
- Up to the maximum of which category the Reserve Bank can issue coins?
- When was founded the Reserve Bank Note Printing (Pvt.) Ltd?
– February 3, 1995
- When was the National Credit Council established?
– December 22, 1977
- When did National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT) start in the country?
- When was the establishment of the Indian Securities Trade Corporation
- When was founded India’s first depository National Securities Depository Ltd. (NSDL)?
– November 8, 1996
44. When was founded the country’s second depository Central Depository Services Ltd (CDSL)
– February, 1998
- What was the first name of the Bombay Stock Exchange
– The Native Share and Stock Brokers Association
46. On what Inflation in India is based?
– Wholesale price index