1. Who is known as father of Indian Pre-History?
Ans. Robert Bruce foot
2. In which valley was the earliest evidence of man in India found?
Ans. Narmada Valley
3. In which state the Gufkral Chalcolithic site is located?
Ans. Jammu & Kashmir
4. What is the number of prehistoric rock shelters in Bhimbetka?
5. In which state of India, the first Paleolithic site was discovered?
6. From which valley we get the earliest evidence of rice cultivation?
Ans. Belan Valley
7. With which period the Teri sites of Tamil Nadu are associated?
8. At what site, first evidence of cultivation of cotton was found?
9. What was the first metal to be used in India?
10. Where were the hymns of Rig-Veda composed?
11. What name did Mesopotamians give to Indus region?
12. What was the name of Jhelum in RigvedicPeriod?
13.What was the first metal used by man?
14. How many granaries were found in Harappa?
15. Which ruler’s accounts does Hathigumpha inscription describe?
16. Which present day state of India is related to Bharat Dynasty?
17. What were two major occupations of the people of the Indus Valley
Ans. Agriculture and Trade
18. Which Veda contains the famous Gyatri Mantra?
19. In Vedic period, Indra was the God of:
Ans. Rain and thunder
20. What does Panchajana refer in Rig-Veda?
Ans. Five tribes of Aryans
21. At what site has been the first astronomical observatory of Harappan
22.Where was discovered the Great bath of the Indus valley civilization?
23. Where is located Lothal, the city of Indus Civilization?
24. What were the two major religions that came into existence after the Vedic
Ans. Jainism and Buddhism
25.At what site, the largest variety of food grains in the Chalcolithic age was
Ans. Chandragupta II
26. To which religion the Four Noble Truths are related?
Ans. Jainism 27. Which dynasty was founded by Mayur Sarman?
28. Who founded the Maurya Empire?Ans. Chandragupta Maurya
29. When was the historical battle of Hydaspes fought?
Ans. 326 BC
30. Between whom was fought the Battle of Hydaspes? Ans.Alexander the Great and King Porus on the banks of river Jhelum