1. Who is known as Father of Botany?
2. Who explained about the blood circulation first?
Ans. William Harvey
3. Which tissue helps in keeping the body warm?
Ans. Adipose tissue
4. Which is called the ‘digestive bag’ in the cell?
5. Which part of eye is donated?
6. Which is called the ‘power house’ of the cell?
7. Leukemia is a disease of:
Ans. Abnormal blood cells
8. Which are the three time periods of the dinosaurs?
Ans. Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous
9. Under the branch of which science the study of bones is done?
10. Syndesmology is the study of:
Ans. Joints of bones and ligaments
11. What is the name of the phobia that involves an abnormal fear of spiders?
12. In which continent are bees not found on the earth?
13. Who discovered Penicillin?
Ans. Alexander Fleming
14. What is infarction?
Ans. Death of cells
15. When is World diabetes day celebrated?
Ans. November 14
16. Which organ removes waste from blood?
17. Sphygmomanometer is used to measure:
Ans. Blood Pressure
18. Who performed the first heart transplantation?
Ans. Dr. C Barnard
19. When was the first test tube baby born?
Ans. 25 July, 1978
20. At which region of the Earth, body has the maximum weight?
Ans. At Poles
21. On what date is the World Science day celebrated every year?
Ans. 10 November
22. Which is the smallest Human Chromosome?
23. Who invented X-rays?
Ans. Wilhelm Rontgen
24. Biologist who studies the sequences of organisms is called:
25. Who discovered the Alpha and Beta rays?
26. Which animal never drinks water?
Ans. Kangaroo Rat
27. Which Vitamin is also known as retinol?
Ans. Vitamin A
28. Which country is Edwin Hubble, a renowned astronomer belonged?
Ans. United States of America
29. To which country Galileo and Marconi are related?
30. Which is the largest human cell?
31. Which is the longest cell?
Ans. Nerve Cell
32. What is the name of the cells in the body that engulf foreign particles like bacteria?
33. How many numbers of muscles are in human?
34. Deficiency of which causes night blindness?
35. What is the cause of the Japanese encephalitis?
36. Which hormone controls the blood pressure?
37. Which organism has a role in converting nitrate to free nitrogen?
38. Where was the first case of novel corona virus identified?
Ans. Wuhan, Hubei
39. What are the mild Symptoms of Novel corona virus?
Ans. Fever, Cough and Shortness of breath
40. Ricketts is a disease of the:
41. Who is known as Father of Microbiology?
Ans. Antonie Philips Van Leeuwenhoek
42. Who is known as Father of Periodic Table?
Ans. Dmitri Mendeleev
43. Who is known as Father of Scientific Management?
Ans. Frederick Winslow Taylor
44. Who is known as Father of Biology?
45. Who described of a non-bacterial pathogen or virus for the first time?
46. Lepidopterology is a branch of biology, which deals with the:
Ans. Moths & Butterflies
47. Who propounded the theory of mutation?
48. Who used the word gene first of all?
49. Which is the smallest cell in the human body?
Ans. Male gametes (sperm).
50. Who discovered the genetic material?
Ans. Friedrich Miescher