1. Which mammal is known as laughing Fish?
2. Einstein published the Special Theory of Relativity in:
3. Which were the first organisms?
4. Who was the Russian scientist to propose the theory of the origin of life?
5. In their laboratory simulation of early earth, which abiotic synthesis Miller and Urey observed?
Ans. Amino acids
6. From whom does the Rh factor derive its name?
7. Malaria is caused by:
8. The avian influenza virus is denoted by:
9. Who is known as Father of Taxonomy?
Ans. Carolus Linnaeus
10. What is the cause of the Japanese encephalitis?
11. What are disease-carrying agents called?
12. What are the total numbers of bones in the human body?
13. In an average human being, heart contracts approximately:
Ans. 2.5 billion times
14. In which Oxalic acid is found?
15. What is studied in entomology?
16. Which enzyme is used in making Baby Foods?
17. What fraction of Body’s calcium is stored in bones and teeth?
18. What is the name of an enzyme that is derived from the stomachs of young ruminant animals and is also used in dairy industry to produce cheese?
19. Death of cell or tissue within a living body is called as –
20. Which animal never drinks water?
Ans. Kangaroo rat
21. Jamnapari is a breed of which animal?
22. What is the normal temperature of the human body on the Kelvin scale?
Ans. 310 K
23. Why the blood is not clotted in the blood vessel?
Ans. Due to Heparin
24. What are the two main metals in the earth’s core?
Ans. Iron and nickel
25. What is called the physical phase of life?
26. Which is the largest cell?
Ans. The egg cell of an Ostrich
27. Which oil is used to preserve timber?
Ans. Creosote oil
28. Which is the lightest known metal?
29. Which is the largest human cell?
30. Which is the longest cell?
Ans. Nerve Cell
31. What is the name of the cells in the bodies that engulf foreign particles like bacteria?
32. How many numbers of muscles are in human?
33. The hardest substance available on earth is:
34. Washing soda is the common name for:
Ans. Sodium carbonate
35. Which vertebrae are found in our neck?
36. Which organism has a role in converting nitrates to free nitrogen?
37. Which part of the Human Body stores Glycogen?
38. The book, The Origin of Species was written by:
39. Which plays a role in the production of alcohol in beer?
40. What is the name of an enzyme that digests fat?
41. Who coined the term enzyme?
Ans. Wilhelm Kuhne
42. Ricketts is a disease of the
43. Atoms are composed of:
Ans. electrons and nuclei
44. Myopia is a disease connected with
45. Roots are described as taproot or adventitious roots depending upon their:
Ans. Place of origin
46. Which disease of the plant is known as ring disease?
Ans. Wilt of Potato
47. The appendix is a part of
Ans. Large intestine
48. Bronchitis is a disease of which organs?
Ans. Respiratory tract
49. ECG is used for the diagnosis of ailments of
50. A biopsy is done on
Ans. Tissues taken from a living body