X. ROLE MODEL
Keep the photographs, written quotes, or books of your role model. It will enhance your thinking pattern positively. Emulating role model will certainly lead towards the path of success. One thing should be borne in mind that nobody is perfect in this universe. Our role model may not be an exception to this. Therefore, we should try to avoid the mistakes made by our role model. We should try to emulate their good deeds.
SOME QUOTATIONS ON ‘ROLE MODEL’
- A role model is a mentor–someone you see on a daily basis, and you learn from them. – DENZEL WASHINGTON
- I know that being seen as a role model means taking responsibility for all my actions. I am a human, and of course, sometimes I make mistakes. But I promise that when I fall, I get back up. – JENNIFER LOPEZ
- Find someone who has a life that you want and figure out how they got it. Read books, pick your role models wisely. Find out what they did and do it. – LANA DEL REY
XI. BODY LANGUAGE
Our body gesture tells everything about us and people to get to know about us by receiving the signals from our body movement. Many times you might have noticed when you had achieved something good you feel confident and your enthusiasm at the seventh sky. With this, your body language also gets changed. It is called non–verbal communication. According to experts, our non–verbal communication has a 60 percent influence upon the people who come into our contact. On the contrary, the words spoken by our mouth have only a 40 percent impact upon such people. Eye contact, our voice, and gestures of our heads, hands, and feet, laughing style all speak much more than what we say. What we show is more important than how we say.
SOME QUOTATIONS ON ‘BODY LANGUAGE’
- Body language is a very powerful tool. We had body language before we had speech, and apparently, 80% of what you understand in a conversation is read through the body, not the words. – DEBORAH BULL
- I can’t just tell the guys I want the ball, I have to do it with my body language. – LAMARCUS ALDRIDGE
- In terms of nonverbal communication, by not seeing the full face – whether it’s banging in the eyes of a woman or a man, or a beard – there can be some who perceive the individual is hiding something. – JUDITH RASBAND
- The time to stop talking is when the other person nods his head affirmatively but says nothing. – HENRY S. HASKINS
- You can tell a lot by someone’s body language. – HARVEY WOLTER