There are seven continents in the world. Which are as follows:
Asia is the world’s largest continent and is the birthplace of most of the religions. Most ancient civilizations have developed along the rivers of the Asia-continent, which is why these rivers are said to be the civilization of civilization. Some important facts related to Asia’s continent are given below.
- Asia accounts for approximately 29.5% of the world’s area.
- It covers about 1/3 of the total area of the world.
- Asia has the first place in the production of rice, jute, maize, cotton, silk etc.
- Largest Country – China
- Smallest country – Maldives
- Longest river – Yangtzeeanang
- Highest mountain peak – Mount Everest (8850 m)
- Largest Lake – Caspian Sea
Africa is the world’s second largest continent. All the oldest and most recent cultures are found here. Some important facts related to the continent of Africa are given below:
- Africa continent is spread over approximately 20.2% of the total area of the world.
- It is the only continent through which the equator, circle and capricorn passes through.
- 1/3 of Africa is desert.
- Africa is at the top in the production of gold and gold.
- Only 10% of the land is agricultural in Africa.
- Africa is at the forefront of diamond and gold production.
- Largest Country – Algeria
- Smallest country – Meoti
- The Longest River – Nile River
- Highest mountain peak – Kilimanjaro (5895 m)
- The Greatest Lake – Victoria
North America is the world’s third largest continent. It is also called the New World. North America was discovered by Columbus in 1492 AD. In its southern part there are many islands known as the Western Islands or the West Indies. Some important facts related to North America are given below.
- Half of the world’s total corn production is produced in Asia .
- It is spread over 16.5% of the world.
- It is a very rich area from the perspective of forest, mineral and energy resources
- Largest Country – Canada
- The smallest country – Saint-Pierre
- Longest River – Mississippi-Missouri
- Highest mountain peak – Karnali [Old name – Mount McKinley] (6194 m)
- The Greatest Lake – Superior
4.South America –
South America is the fourth largest continent of the world. About two-thirds of this …