INDIAN DEFENCE SYSTEM
Indian defence system is divided into three services- Army, Navy and Air force.
A. Indian Army has been divided into following seven commands:
No. Command Headquarters
- Western command Chandigarh
- Eastern command Kolkata
- Northern command Udhampur
- Southern command Pune
- Central command Lucknow
- Army Training command Shimla
- South Western Command Jaipur
B. Indian Navy has been divided into the three following commands: S.No. Command Headquarters
1. Eastern command Vishakhapatnam 2. Southern Command Cochin 3. Western Command Mumbai
3. Indian Air force has seven commands: S. No. Command Headquarters 1. Central Air Command Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh 2. Eastern Air Command Shillong, Meghalaya 3. Southern Air Command Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 4. South Western Air Command Gandhinagar, Gujarat 5. Western Air Command Subroto Park, New Delhi 6. Maintenance Command Nagpur 7. Training Command Bengaluru
a. Border Security Force (BSF) was formed in 1965. BSF guards our international borders.
b. Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) was established in 1969. It monitors the large industrial complexes of Government.
c. Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) was established in 1962. It has been formed to monitor the activities in Northern borders of India.
d. Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) was established in 1969. The primary aim of establishing it was to assist the state/union territor…